More than 26,260 lawsuit searches by law enforcement authorities were recorded in 2015 according to OpendataBot. Freight forwarders, agricultural exporters, terminals, shipowners, agents and other companies annually become objects for searches.
Legrant lawyers regularly represent interests in searches and seizures, defend interests in disputes over the appeal of unlawful actions or abuse of authority by state bodies and other companies. We create unique precedents in judicial practice, among which are: appeals against the accrual of canal dues in the Odessa seaport and reimbursement of more than 750 thousand USD in favor of customers.
Based on the results of our cases in 2018, Legrant was honored with ‘Business Protection’ award by the National Maritime Rating of Ukraine.
- legal support during searches;
- appealing against actions/omissions of law enforcement bodies in criminal proceedings;
- accompanying inspections and appeals against regulatory authorities’ decisions;
- legal support during legislative questioning;
- conducting trainings on business security (behavior during inspections, investigative actions);
- protection against unfriendly acquisitions (raider attack);
- protection of the client’s interests in an out-of-court settlement (Council of Business Ombudsman, Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine, State Regulatory Service, etc);
- cargo arrest removal;
- representation in administrative disputes with regulatory authorities;
- support of tax audits and analysis of the tax authority decision validity;
- obtaining opinions, advice from expert institutions, such as the Ukrainian Chamber of Commerce and Industry, UkrNIIMF, ChernomorNIIproekt, the American Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Ukraine, etc.